Minnesota Agriculture Industry is Strong

The Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s economist, Su Ye released an annual report recapping Minnesota’s numbers from 2008.
According to the report in 2008, agriculture was the second largest industry in the state supplying over 1.5 million jobs.
The industry made $3 billion from cash receipts, most importantly corn and soybeans crops. This accounts for 60 percent of the sales. Livestock is attributed to the other 40 percent of sales. Hog sales brought in $2 billion, dairy brought in $1.7 billion and calves were accountable for $1.1 billion.
In 2008 Minnesota was the sixth largest producer in the nation with 81,000 farms in the state.
Farm Plus Financial is leading provider of Minnesota farm loans and lines of credit. Whether you are looking to refinance, expand or purchase farm property in Minnesota or beyond, Farm Plus Financial can help you access the capital you need. Farm loan and farm operating loan rates in Minnesota start at 2.6%. Call us toll-free at 866-929-5585 for our current farm loan rates and to receive more information on farm loans by Farm Plus Financial.